Thursday, March 11, 2010

What to do while waiting for the Deadwood Reset

Hello Everyone,

As many of you know the Deadwood reset is fast approaching. The date of the big fire that will mark the last chance to rp in the old Deadwood has not been set yet, but will be announced soon. For details on the reset, please see posts from my friends and fellow bloggers, Dio Kuhrs Ephemeral Frontiers and Marrant Vita's, Marrant Vita's Victorian Needs and Astolat Dufaux's The Victorian Closet.

Many of our regulars in Deadwood are very busy with getting ready for the reset. Some are doing building, making items for the sim and/or their businesses. Some are researching and preparing their new characters.

I have found myself in a bit of a quandry as to what to do with my time. My characters for the new Deadwood are ready to go. I have been working with the building thing and while I have not given up on it. I am fast coming to the conclusion that my first impression of my building skills were correct, in other words I am hopless when it comes to building. And thats ok. I very much doubt I am alone in this and there need to be folks like me out there to buy the great stuff that others build.

But back to my original question of what to do with my time? Actually, I have been doing a couple things. I have been bouncing around visiting other Sim's. Some of them have some really great ideas for role play. Unfortunately, a lot of them are more geared toward combat, then any meaningful role play. But again that's OK, I do love combat and have had some great times swinging sword and claw at the enemy. Yeah, you saw right, claw. I do have a one other alt, who I use as a lycan in some of these Sim's.

The other thing I am doing is writing. I have finally made the plunge and started my very first novel. Whats it about? Wellllll.....let me just say its a western. Do I plan to get it published? Of course I plan to. Will it? I dunno.....I have heard that getting published is really hard. I would surmise that to be true. But I am an optimistic sort, so I am happily researching and writing away. What will I do if it doesn't get published? Write another book.....If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Maybe that will be about a lycan...hmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you BlackJack. You're a fine writer and excel at characterization and dialogue. Westerns are hot in the publishing world right now, so you stand every chance of succeeding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading what you write, you know I love your writing!

    You can always self-publish -- if interested, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Merryann and Marrant. I really appreciate the kind words.

    Mar, I may contact you about the self publish thing as I get closer to finishing.

    ReplyDelete