Friday, February 19, 2010

To build or not to build...apologies to Wm. S.

Hello Everyone,

I am doing some thinking out loud here...well....typed....ah hell you know what I mean...

I have noted in some past posts that I am somewhat lacking in building skills. However, I have decided to try my hand at this once again. This time I was a bit smarter about it. I downloaded some 3d modeling software and have been going over tutorials. Now a lot of folks say you should go to classes to learn how to build. There is a lot of sense in that. However, I do not have the time to sit in a class in second life. I sometimes, more often then not, have to log due to RL demands. So reading articles and watching video tutorials are going to be my main means of learning.

Why am I going to learn to do this? Mostly because, it just makes sense. Most everyone I know has at least some building skills and turns out some very good items. I don't know that I will ever be as skilled as some, but it would be nice to put together something that others find useful.

What will I build? Now there is a good question. Being as I am gun hound in both SL and RL, I will likely try my hand at that. However, building a gun is a ways down the road. I will start with something a bit easier, like maybe a 1 prim chair/table/etc. Eventually I will progress to more complex projects, but I have found that in most things you have to learn how to walk before you can run.

No comments:

Post a Comment