Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A word of thanks

I have been roleplaying in Deadwood since December 2007. When I first landed in Deadwood as JF Kanto, I was a total noob. I had been in SL for about a month and had just been bouncing around not sure what to do or where to go. After doing a search, I found Deadwood. Reading what it said, I thought to myself, "Self, this looks like a place that might be some fun." So I tpd in and after a bit of fumbling around got myself setup and went into town.

The very first character I met was a fellow by the name of Willard Deerhunter. At the time he was a U.S. Deputy Marshall working for Marshall Sand Rau. Willard introduced me to a a few folks and showed me around. I spent the next week, just watching what was going on. One night I wandered into the Bella Union and overheard that they needed a security man. Well, being the shy retiring type that I am, JF jumped right up and said, "I can do that." Taj Nishi hired JF on and introduced him to Lola McGinnis. Now, for those of you who knew JF back when he first came into town, I want to thank you for putting up with me. I had no idea how to rp! But Lola took me under her wing and taught me the basics of rp. How to emote, the difference between ic/ooc, and a host of other things that experienced roleplayers take for granted. I also learned a lot from others in the sim. Diogenes Kuhr, Willard Deerhunter, Salissa Wilder, Taj Nishi, Mahalia Bertrand. All of them played a part in helping me to learn the art of roleplay. So to all of you, I wish to offer my heartfelt thanks for the suggestions, help and the knock in the head when I needed it.

Finally I want to thank Caed Aldwych, Rynn Dryke, and Estwee Vansant for providing such a wonderful place to play. Each of them have done a fantastic job in creating the most authentic old west sim in Second Life. Thank you!

I will leave you all with this, if you are reading this and have not visited Deadwood, I would encourage you to visit. You will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a pleasure RPing with you, Black, and I look forward to your new incarnation. Hopefully I can make it in world to see your "demise."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Asto. I have enjoyed our rps also. I do hope you can make it.

    ReplyDelete